Cardiovascular conditions encompass all issues affecting blood circulation. They can affect people of all ages and from all walks of life.
At Missouri Vein Specialists, we are dedicated to providing high-quality care and the most cutting-edge methods available to treat circulation and cardiovascular issues of all kinds.
Developing an Accurate Diagnosis of a Vascular Condition
We use advanced diagnostic tests and techniques to evaluate the health of your cardiovascular system. Diagnostic testing is performed to identify and accurately assess the severity of any circulatory issues you may have, such as decreased blood flow or blocked blood vessels. If a circulation condition is left untreated, it can lead to more serious problems, such as a stroke, heart attack, or pulmonary embolism.
There are a vast number of circulatory problems that can occur – and while some conditions have well-known signs, many have no obvious symptoms at all. For example, carotid artery disease (CAD) often displays no symptoms but can lead to life-threatening complications, such as a stroke.
At Missouri Vein Specialists, our main goal is to prevent life-threatening situations. That’s why we offer a comprehensive range of vascular tests, including ultrasound scanning, cerebrovascular, peripheral arterial, and venous evaluations.
Our vein specialist can find out immediately if you are at risk of peripheral artery disease (PAD). PAD is a circulatory condition in which narrowed arteries prevent adequate flow of oxygen-rich blood to the limbs.
Cardiovascular Conditions Treated by a Vein Specialist
Common cardiovascular conditions we treat include:
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Poor circulation
- Varicose and spider veins
- Coronary and carotid artery disease
- Peripheral artery disease
- Venous reflux
- Problematic arteriovenous (AV) access
Range of Treatments
We offer a comprehensive range of services, including minimally invasive vascular and cardiology treatments. Our staff is highly skilled in delivering the following types of treatments and care:
- Minimally invasive ablation procedures (removal/sealing off problematic blood vessels)
- Vein services (including removal, bypass, sclerotherapy, and microphlebectomy)
- Vascular studies/evaluations
- Venous diagnostics and interventions (including angiograms, de-clotting procedures, and venogram X-rays)
- Vascular surgery (including angioplasty and stenting, atherectomy, aneurysm repair, thrombectomy, renal artery stenting, AV access procedures for dialysis, and IVC filter placement)
- Stroke care
- Cardiac stress tests
- Duplex ultrasound for diagnosis and evaluation
- Vein mapping for dialysis patients
- Blood clot removal procedures
Vein Specialist in Kansas City, MO
Here at Missouri Vein Specialists, we strive to promote vascular health and are dedicated to treating all types of issues affecting the cardiovascular system. If you have a vein-related or cardiovascular issue, we can help.
To learn more about the services we offer, and to find out how we can help you, contact our friendly team today. To make an appointment, please call us at (816) 792-3400. You can also request an appointment by filling out our online form now. We look forward to serving you!